It’s a new quarter at Portfolio Center and I’m teaching Entertainment Design again. This time around I decided that it would be interesting to start my class off with a small exercise in designing to music by assigning 2 songs to each student. This is exactly like designing for a CD single or an iTunes single. Students will do their research on their assigned artists and create something appropriate based on lyrics, mood, etc.
I gathered 14 tracks into a “mix” that I felt would set the quarter off on the right foot. They are all Spring-y, poppy songs that should be easy to create visuals for.
If anyone is interested in coming by my class (Tuesdays at 6pm) let me know and you’ll see how things turn out.
Download (via Mediafire): Entertainment Design Spring 2010 Mix
01) The Pietasters – Ocean
02) Camera Obscura – Let’s Get Out of This Country
03) Photobooth – Death Cab for Cutie
04) R.E.M. – Flowers of Guatemala
05) Spoon – Anything You Want
06) Soko – I’ll Kill Her
07) Chester French – She Loves Everybody
08) Everclear – Heartspark Dollarsign
09) The Strokes – You Only Live Once
10) The Donnas – 40 Boys in 40 Nights
11) Regina Spektor – Summer in the City
12) Kate Nash – I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You
13) The Streets – Never Went to Church
14) Green Day – Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)