Great job guys! Within the first 24 hours of being available, we’ve already shipped a good number of your Enduro MMXII tees! You must really want that bike! Thanks for your orders! When all 100 tees are gone, we get to announce the winner of the “Conquest” bike! If you haven’t picked up an Enduro MMXII tee yet, head over to WeAreTheProcess.com or come by our studio in person. We still have sizes for everyone!
If you’re in Atlanta and would like to schedule a time to pick up a tee in person so you don’t have to pay shipping just holler to info[at]wearetheprocess.com and we’ll plan accordingly!
I’m still picking my jaw off the ground after seeing this teaser poster for Christopher Nolan’s final Batman film. The Dark Knight Rises doesn’t come out for a year and the face-meltage has already begun. Wowowowow! View a larger version of the poster in all it’s glory after the jump. Read the rest of this entry »
The end is near! Mark your sun calendar kids, cause on December 21, 2012, We Are the Process will sponsor a bicycle death race from Atlanta to New Orleans known as Enduro MMXII. The rules are simple. Make it there first and win. This race isn’t for powder puffs, so start training now.
The brand will provide one lucky winner a means to arrive in style on a custom-built We Are the Process“Conquest” fixed gear bicycle, named after the first rider of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. One hundred Limited Edition Enduro MMXII shirts have been produced to commemorate the event. When the shirts are gone, the brand will randomly select one of the purchasers to win the “Conquest” bicycle. Each shirt purchase guarantees a 1/100 chance of winning the bicycle. There is no limit on the number of Enduro MMXII shirts purchased.
Enduro MMXII shirts are are on sale now, only at WeAreTheProcess.com. Also, the We Are the Process Summer 2011 Collection will also be released on the website in a few short days.
Like many sports fans, I’m totally guilty of being biased against watching the Women’s World Cup. Well all that changed today. After casually tuning in to Sunday’s USA vs. Brazil quarterfinals match, I spent the afternoon on the edge of my couch experiencing nervousness, rage, national pride, and exhilaration. This match was one of the most epic triumphs I’ve ever witnessed in any sport. With that being said, I decided to put together a list of reasons to watch the remainder of the Women’s World Cup. Hopefully you’ll agree with me, and tune in as the United States women take on France in the semifinals.
1) Soccer is Soccer: The rules are the same whether you’re watching Men’s or Women’s soccer. Women can slide tackle, elbow, shoulder check, foul, and score amazing headers on pinpoint crosses. It’s not like watching the WNBA where the 3-point line is closer and there’s no above the rim action.
2) USA! USA! USA!: Our Women’s National team is freaking good! They’re representing our country (which I love) and they have a chance to take it all. I love watching our Men’s National Team, but they’re so difficult to watch sometimes. They’re often playing from behind and goals are so rare with our Men’s team. If Women’s soccer wasn’t a big deal, do you really think Nike would name a building on their campus after Mia Hamm?!? Think about that for a second…
3) The Stage is Huge: I had such an amazing summer in 2010 watching the Men’s World Cup. Yes, the WWC isn’t as monumental of an event, but it’s all we have right now. Take it or leave it. I love soccer, and I want to see USA kick ass. There’s a lot of that going on right now. Tune in! I’ve got more reasons to wear my USA jersey and I’m not complaining about that.
4) Check the Tweets: I have a lot of friends in the sports media industry and I was surprised to see them live-tweeting the match today! Every hard foul, free kick, goal, and time-wasting flop was analyzed, critiqued, and spun into humor and joy on my timeline. I’m used to seeing these dudes live-tweeting the NBA Finals and the NFL. I never would’ve expected to see them going ham over Women’s World Cup, but that’s the state of soccer in our country. People are finally embracing the sport! Get with the program.
5) Hope Solo: She’s a bomb-ass goalkeeper and she’s hot. #MarryMe She makes impossible saves people! There’s a short list of plays in sports that get me jacked up: An outfielder throwing out a runner at home plate, a linebacker pummeling a quarterback, a blocked punt, an ankle-breaking crossover, a buzzer beater, and a goalie stuffing a shot on goal. Hope Solo does the latter all the damn time.
A double-patty, Apache Style burger & crinkle-cut fries.
Awhile back, I started having mid-week lunches with my buddies Joe Martinez and Ross Martin. Seeing as how we all worked in the creative field as freelancers, we’d often have similar days off. We started calling ourselves the #FunLunchCrew and regularly met at Grind House Killer Burgers at their old location in the Sweet Auburn Curb Market downtown.
With the influx of new burger joints all over Atlanta, Grind House is the only one that I can truly back. What can I say, I dig their b-movie inspired branding! I’ll even say that they have the best burger in Atlanta. Yea, I said it. I know there are limited edition burgers that are difficult to find (aka Loch Ness Burger), gourmet burgers, build your own burgers (how about you do something you’re proud of an suggest it to me), non-ceptual vector art inspired burger shop interiors, potato oil burger joints, and other gimmicks. I’ve had them all and I’m tired of the marketing crap. Just give me a good burger for a decent price!
Perhaps much of my preference comes from bread choice. I freaking hate burgers that come on ciabatta bread or a roll that’s bigger than the patty. I don’t want a 2,000 calorie DINNER burger that’s going to incapacitate me for the rest of the day. I want a DINER burger; a fast, tasty burger on a light bun that’s going to soak up all those juices. Grind House’s buns are light, fluffy, and they soak up everything. Yum!
At the end of the day, their burgers just taste great, they have crinkle-cut fries (my personal favorite), and there are no gimmicks. If you don’t know what you want, they have several styles of burgers that they recommend to you (Apache Style is my personal favorite – Pepper Jack cheese, grilled onions, & roasted New Mexico chiles), or it is totally cool to customize your own and it won’t cost you $16 to do so.
Simply the best in ATL. So far… Also, check out the newly opened Piedmont Road location of Grindhouse Killer Burgers!
Do you feel like there’s a better burger in town? Let us know your suggestions and we’ll consider it for a review.
Mandy, a good friend of our company, works as a shop girl for Sunrise Surf Shop in Jacksonville, FL. She asked us to help get the word out on a contest she is involved in sponsored by Von Zipper. The 2nd Annual Sunz Out Bunz Out Shop Girl Challenge is going on now until the end of July. Do her a favor and head over to this page and vote for Mandy from Jacksonville, FL / Representing Sunrise Surf Shop. Voting ends on July 31st, and a winner is chosen on August 8th. More details can be found on at http://us.vonzipper.com.
Y’all know how I feel about the Yankees right? However, I can’t hate on the career milestone of 3,000 hits for Mr. Jeter or this classy tribute hat by the good folks at New Era.
It’s totally awesome when New Era takes an official on-field cap and adds a great commemorative logo for a special occasion… Yankees or not! I recently purchased a throwback Atlanta Braves fitted with the commemorative 1995 World Series patch and gray underbill. I wear it all the time. I’m still waiting on a throwback Hank Aaron cap of this same caliber. He’s #3 on the list with 3,771 career hits. Do you think Jeter will ever reach that milestone? How old will he be? Will he still be a Yankee? I hear the Mets are going to need a shortstop when Jose Reyes leaves. #JustSaying#LMAO#GoBraves
I spent the day cleaning & organizing our studio and came across a box containing one of each of the tees from our 1st season. I spent some time reflecting on what we’ve done in the past 2+ years and where we want our brand to be in a few more. Can you spot your favorite OG We Are the Process tee?