Joah is the reason why we were invited to showcase our brand We Are the Process at SXSW’s first ever Style X show last March. We’ll be back to Style X again this coming spring and are looking forward to our sophomore SXSW experience. While in Austin for the holidays, I was able to catch up with Joah to catch his Xmas wish list. Check it out after the jump.
5 Things I Want for Christmas
1. That long-awaited, much-anticipated Jay Electronica album. I ran into Jay-Z’s long-time engineer Young Guru after the Watch the Throne show in Houston earlier this month, but forgot to ask him whether or not we’d be gifted this LP before the end of 2011. Sounds like it won’t be ready just yet when I listen to this.
2. This signed copy of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s “The Great Gatsby”. Granted, it’s not my favorite work of his – I prefer This Side of Paradise, but this is pretty damn special.
3. One of these photographs by Pierre Verger’s “Black Americas” collection spanning from the 1930s Deep South to Harlem. I have this one, and it’s been one of the few pieces of art that has accompanied me over the last decade from college to DC and back to Austin.
4. This white tux by Paul Smith. I saw it in L.A. while shopping for an outfit to wear to the Grammys, and wasn’t ready to drop $1,800 on it. Now that I’ve been to the Paul Smith stores in New York and its company headquarters in London to learn that the tux was only for sell in that L.A. store, I’m hoping it’s waiting for me when I go back to Lakerland in a month or two.
5. And the Baron Wells bowtie to complete the look. I’ve never worn a bowtie, even when I was the best man in a good friend’s wedding. I’m holding out for that Paul Smith tux to make my bowtie debut. Actually, these would complete the look.